The Family Centre
About this provider
The Family Centre’s mission is to support and strengthen families & children so they can improve the health, educational, social and employment aspects of their lives. We do this by raising aspirations, creating opportunities and empowering individuals, families and the hard to reach with a ‘Can do’ attitude.In order to realise our mission the Family Centre, working in partnership with voluntary and statutory agencies, makes available a range of services that target individuals and families who are less likely to engage with mainstream provision and that aim to develop skills, confidence, self-esteem and above all, resilience.
In striving to be a valued resource for the New Addington community, the Family Centre will be:
• We believe that local people, when given the right access and support, can make a positive difference to their lives and to the lives of their family, their neighbourhood and to Croydon.
• We will keep the success and progress of families and children at the heart of what we do. Community-led
• We will listen to and respond to the people in our community and create opportunities for them to have a voice. Professional and high quality
• We employ professional staff, provide the necessary guidance and support and trust them to deliver high quality service
• We will positively encourage those who struggle to access provision and services.
• We will foster an atmosphere that promotes tolerance, understanding and respect.
• We will work with partners to deliver joined up, cost effective services.
• Believe that diversity is a source of opportunity, economic strength and competitive advantage.
The services that are available to residents are:
Community Cafe - Hot and cold meals and snacks at affordable prices
Birchwood over 50's Lunch Club
Best Start Community Builders - engaging with local community to support residents bring their ideas to life
The Food Stop Shop - A community shop which operates on a membership scheme, offering members access to approx £20 worth of food and produce for a weekly membership fee of £3.50. Tea and Talk Peer to Peer support over a cup of tea and biscuits
Community Connect - A Gateway Enablement and welfare officer, will be onsite for pre booked appointments, supporting residents who face homelessness, rent arrears and the benefit Cap
Housing Demand Tuesday 10—12 Offering support and advice with tenancy, rent, eviction, benefits, housing exchanges and council tax. Please see front office to book an appointment.
Job Club— Tuesday 9.10—12.30 One to one sessions to support with job search, CV Writing, learn interview techniques and become Job ready. Gain access to training and volunteering opportunities
Healthy Child Clinic—Wednesday 9—121 & 2 year old developmental checks, run by the Health visiting team from Parkway Medical Centre. Appointments must be booked through your Health Visitor.
Community Crèche to support services Tuesday and Wednesday 9.30—11.30 Supervised by qualified Child Care practitioners during ‘Tea & Talk’ & Food Stop.
Additional services and signposting Cuppa with a copper Session held Fortnightly on various days
We are able to refer to The Vine Food Bank, run by The Salvation Army Energy Cafe Tuesday 9.30—12 Drop in service where you can come and get information and support to make sure you are getting the best deal with your energy suppliers.
Fieldway, New Addington, Croydon, CR0 9BS
Average rating for this provider: n/a
Number of reviews for this provider: 0Write a review
Care Quality Commission
How to find us