About this provider
We provide music engagement and recovery services in hospitals and the community for young people and adults experiencing mental illnesses including psychosis, schizophrenia, bi polar and personality disorders.
Our innovative approach draws on clinical therapeutic techniques and uses culturally relevant music activities and genres.
- Activities including music production and sound recording, songwriting, composition, vocal technique and performance skills
- Culturally relevant musical genres including hip hop, reggae, grime, rock, soul, dubstep, r'n'b, and everything in between!
- Delivered in fully equipped professional rehearsal and recording studios by specially trained music industry mentors
- Concerts and events at mainstream venues and festivals
- Progression routes to continuing study, volunteering opportunities, work experience and employment
The service was developed in response to concerns from mental health professionals in London hospitals about a lack of services relevant to "hard to reach" patients who may be unresponsive to conventional therapies, non-compliant with medication or experiencing difficulties engaging with other activities or services.
We aim to have a positive impact on health and wellbeing through reducing symptoms and relapse rates, increasing leave privileges and contributing to discharge plans for in-patients, and creating new life opportunities for people using specialist mental health services in the community.
Our intake is through referrals from multi-disciplinary in-patient and community mental health teams. We work closely with occupational therapists, social workers, CPNs, ward staff, psychologists and psychiatrists throughout engagement.
90 Central Street London EC1V 8AJ
020 754 98172
Average rating for this provider: n/a
Number of reviews for this provider: 0Write a review