- NHS choices is an online resource where you can find information from the National Health Service on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living.
- NHS 111 NHS 111 is a new service that's being introduced to make it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services in England. You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust provide hospital services at three hospital sites at Pinderfields in Wakefield, Dewsbury and District Hospital and Pontefract. They also provide therapy and intermediate care services in the community.
- Wakefield Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) covers 40 GP practices within the Wakefield district, and has a registered population of 354,096 patients in the Wakefield area. Their role is to commission quality services that will improve local patients’ experiences of care and their health outcomes.
- South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust are a specialist NHS Foundation Trust that provides community, mental health and learning disability services to the people of Barnsley, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. The Trust also provides some medium secure (forensic) services to the whole of Yorkshire and the Humber.
If you are looking for information about your general health, the NHS choices website provides a wealth of information. You will also find links to the major Wakefield health services on this page.