Please review and correct the information below.
Report abuse or neglect – safeguarding adults

Report abuse or neglect – safeguarding adults

What can I do about abuse or neglect of an adult?

No-one should have to live with abuse or neglect. It is always wrong, whatever the circumstances. Don’t assume that someone else is doing something about the situation.

  • If you or the person you are concerned about are injured, call an ambulance or a doctor.
  • If you think a crime has been committed, contact the police.
  • If you want to report a concern, contact West Sussex County Council’s Adult’s CarePoint on 01243 642121. You can do this without giving your name.
  • Make a note of your concerns, what has happened and anything you have done about it.
  • If you are concerned about someone you know, try to speak to them if it is safe to do so. Tell them why you are concerned and ask them what they want you to do about it.

How do I report abuse or neglect in West Sussex?

Everyone is responsible for preventing abuse. If you are concerned that you or someone you know may be being treated badly, neglected or exploited, you can report your concern in the following ways.

Phone West Sussex County Council’s Adults’ CarePoint on 01243 642121.

For Typetalk users, the number is: 018001 01243 642121.

Fill in an online adult safeguarding alert form.

Write to: Adults’ CarePoint, Second floor, The Grange, County Hall, Chichester, PO19 1RG.

Phone Sussex Police on 101.

Last reviewed: 17/11/2017

Useful links:

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Things that you can do to help yourself

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.