What can I do about abuse or neglect of an adult?
No-one should have to live with abuse or neglect. It is always wrong, whatever the circumstances. Don’t assume that someone else is doing something about the situation.
- If you or the person you are concerned about are injured, call an ambulance or a doctor.
- If you think a crime has been committed, contact the police.
- If you want to report a concern, contact West Sussex County Council’s Adult’s CarePoint on 01243 642121. You can do this without giving your name.
- Make a note of your concerns, what has happened and anything you have done about it.
- If you are concerned about someone you know, try to speak to them if it is safe to do so. Tell them why you are concerned and ask them what they want you to do about it.
How do I report abuse or neglect in West Sussex?
Everyone is responsible for preventing abuse. If you are concerned that you or someone you know may be being treated badly, neglected or exploited, you can report your concern in the following ways.
Phone West Sussex County Council’s Adults’ CarePoint on 01243 642121.
For Typetalk users, the number is: 018001 01243 642121.
Fill in an online adult safeguarding alert form.
Write to: Adults’ CarePoint, Second floor, The Grange, County Hall, Chichester, PO19 1RG.
Phone Sussex Police on 101.