Please review and correct the information below.
Report abuse or neglect – safeguarding adults

Report abuse or neglect – safeguarding adults

Enquiries into possible abuse or neglect

If you report a concern about possible abuse or neglect to West Sussex County Council, social care staff will:

  • talk to the person at risk to find out what they want to happen
  • support the person to have an advocate (someone to represent them) if they need one
  • respond professionally and sensitively and take your concerns seriously
  • talk to the police if a crime has been committed;
  • talk to other agencies, such as the NHS or the CQC
  • agree the best way of helping the person.

This is known as a ‘safeguarding enquiry’.

Hate Crime

Abuse because of race, sexuality, gender identity, religion or disability is a form of Hate Crime. For more information about how to report Hate Crime, go to the Sussex Police report hate crimes page or West Sussex County Council’s report hate crimes page.

Domestic abuse

If you are a victim of domestic abuse or you suspect that someone you know may be being abused, you can find helpful information and contacts in the Domestic abuse section of the West Sussex County Council website.

Last reviewed: 17/11/2017

Useful links:

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Support services that are available

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.