Please review and correct the information below.


In this section, you will find information about local authority services, adapting your home, support agencies, and equipment.

Adult Social Care Services

Adult Social Care provides care and support to those people who need help in order to manage their lives, and to be independent. This includes older people, people who have a disability or a long- term illness, people who have mental health problems and carers.

Before services can be arranged on your behalf, you will need to have an assessment and meet national eligibility criteria. This process starts when you make contact with Social Care Direct, which is Wakefield Council's first contact point. If it is felt that you need a more in-depth assessment, a referral is sent to the most appropriate team.

Further information about the assessment process is available here, and information about eligibility criteria can be found here.

Last reviewed: 10/04/2015

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Disability Adult Social Care Services

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.